Excellent Speaker

  • Updeep Singh

    Managing Director
    ITEMA India
  • Ujwal R. Lahoti

  • Samir Gupta

    Managing Director
    Business Co-ordination House
  • Amit Gautam

    Executive Vice President
  • Arcind Sinha

    The Textile Association (India)
  • Pankaj D. Desai

    Research & Development, Colourtex Industries Private Limited

Summit Background

Textile industry is a very important industry for India, accounted for 6% of national GDP, 20% of industrial production, 27% of the total amount of export, about 40 million people across the country, directly or indirectly, is engaged in the textile and garment industry.
India is the world's third largest cotton producer, is also the world's largest producer of jute, the second largest producer of silk, the world's fifth largest producer of synthetic fiber, raw material supply is sufficient.

The India Government is also strongly supporting the textile industry, and has been publishing a series of policies and investing capital to promote textile exports,for example,allowing foreign merchants directly invest in India. Various related funds and technological innovation programs are set up to assist enterprises in investing in new technologies, and give economic grant to update the equipments. In the 12th Five-Year Plan (2012-2017), the federal government's budget for the textile industry is $ 9.1 billion, which is double of the previous five-year plan. These policies and measures led the textile industry to the fastest growing of the recent 60 years, in which annual growth rate reaches about 8-9% per year. According to the Indian textile sector, there will be 6 billion US dollars of foreign investment in the next five years, besides textile and clothing market is forecasted to reach $ 221 billion by 2020.

There are 800 million young people under the age of 35 in India, who are ready to provide abundant labor resources with a very competitive advantage in price. At president, only 32% of India's population lives in urban areas,and the remaining 68% still lives in countryside. However, in the next 20 years, the urban population will increase by another 300 million people, who will change their habit of buying clothes because of new lifestyles. Therefore, India will become an important market in the future whether for local or international textile companies.

At present, textile products in India are mainly lie in the traditional cotton and man-made fibers, but with the domestic and international market demands changing, polyester, functional and technical textiles, chemicals for textile market will come to a new extension. In this summit, we will discuss with you: India's textile market situation and policy advantages; The latest textile products and technologies; Environmental friendly and efficient production changes; The development of functional and technical textiles; How to purchase and cooperate better in India; Market prospect of textile chemicals; etc.

Summit Highlights
  • Analysis on Relevant Policies of India’s Textile Industry
  • Overall Situation and Development Trends of India's Textile Industry
  • India Cotton Market – Current Situation and Future Development Challenges
  • Potential for Technical Textiles and Nonwovens in India: Exploring the opportunities
  • India Testing Standards and Regulatory Requirements for Textiles
  • Advanced Processing Fiber and Polymer with Art
  • Innovation in Nanotechnology in Fibers and Fabrics
  • Innovative, Highly Durable Antimicrobial Technology in Consumer and Medical Area
  • Advancements in Sewing & Felting Technology for Traditional and Technical Textile
  • The Application of Performance Textile Coatings Products
  • Environment Friendly & Multi-functional Chemicals and Finishing Agent
  • Analysis on Environmental standards of India's Textile Industry
  • Sustainable Innovation- Waterless Dyeing with SCF Technology
  • Lean Manufacturing and Innovative Textile Technology Improve the Competitiveness of Textile Enterprises
  • Build a High Efficient Supply Chain System to Boost the Development of Textile and Apparel Industry in India
  • Upstream and Downstream Green Textile Supply Chain: How to Achieve Enterprises' Eco-friendly Manufacturing and Sustainability through Innovating Technology and Production
  • Latest R&D of Functional and Intelligent Fibers and Application Innovation
  • Revolutionising Printing Solution for Better Decoration and Finishing
  • Multifunctional Industrial Nonwoven Fabrics
  • High Performance Protective Fibers and Composites
  • Added Value Ingredients and Finishing for Nonwovens
  • From Melt to Nonwoven: Spunbond Lines for Technical Applications

Online Registration

  Name:  *
  Company: *
  Job Title: *
  E-mail: *
  Director Line: *